Creating the Jobs of the Future and Communities to Attract Them
The Allegheny Conference is aligning the highly successful business investment programs of its economic development and marketing affiliate, the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance, with its community-oriented programs that focus on places that have been left behind despite the region's economic recovery. Three initiatives are designed to continue to improve the competiveness of the region's economy and the quality of the environment.
Initiative: Focus business expansion and attraction efforts in three key areas to grow jobs and capital investment.
- Position the region as a location of choice for natural gas downstream manufacturing.
- Strengthen the workforce and competitiveness of the economic climate to support the convergence of information technology with financial & business services.
- Maintain a balanced economy that is diversified across industry sectors.
Initiative: Revitalize our targeted communities by improving fiscal health, investment and public education
- Support municipal and state pension reform and binding arbitration (Act 111) reform.
- Continue Strengthening Communities Partnership.
- Launch public school district research and "Smart Government" analysis. Initiative: Advance energy portfolio approach & grid reliability by securing baseline energy capacity, promoting action on public policy and demonstrating environmental stewardship
- Advance energy portfolio approach through the Energy Alliance of Greater Pittsburgh and continued emphasis on best practices and regulatory monitoring.
- Make grid reliability part of the national policy conversation.
Learn more about the Allegheny Conference's broader agenda and two other strategies, "Workforce" and "Infrastructure."
Want to help shape our region's future? Join the Regional Investors Council.