A company in the 10-county Pittsburgh region that has been identified as "high growth" by the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA), using research sponsored by the Team Pennsylvania Foundation and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development. This research tracks all businesses statewide and selects those companies that have experienced consistent growth over the previous five years.
Read more about the Impact here.
- Expanding existing businesses are helping to build a better economy in southwestern Pennsylvania – fewer than 1% of companies are creating 74% of jobs throughout the state*
- These companies have been found to have the greatest potential for sustainable employment growth, suggesting recession resistance
- This special subset of companies can uniquely impact the economic vitality of southwestern Pennsylvania
- Communicate with Pittsburgh Impact Companies through active outreach and continued updates on the issues that matter to them
- Connect these companies to the economic development resources, business development opportunities and talent needed for continued growth
- Champion their success through existing PRA media channels, such as Our Region's Business and the ImaginePittsburghNow.com blog, and other opportunities to help raise the profile of Pittsburgh Impact Companies for both their business development and talent attraction efforts
The PRA is focused on enhancing opportunities for women- and minority-owned businesses within the 10-county region. The Pittsburgh Impact initiative is working to advance that goal by applying the same strategy to regional MBE, WBE and MWBE-certified businesses.
This program is funded in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development's Discovered & Developed in PA program.
*Dr. Gary Kunkle, CEO of Outlier LLC and Research Fellow at the Edward Lowe Foundation