Economic Impact Practice
Measuring Economic Impact
The Pennsylvania Economy League of Greater Pittsburgh (PELGP) is uniquely positioned to develop sound economic impact analyses that provide:
- Information – Comprehensive data collection capabilities utilizing our network of experts.
- Insight – The tools and models that provide tangible indications of investments; the political savvy to understand the motivations that drive funding decisions; constant monitoring of how developing policies affect the public and private sectors.
- Integrity – A long-standing reputation for providing unbiased, reliable, detailed research and analysis on local, regional and state-level issues.
An economic impact analysis provides:
- Collateral that clearly communicates the findings of your analysis to stakeholders.
- A deeper understanding of an industry or project’s ripple effect in the economy at large – i.e. the jobs directly created, the secondary influence created for suppliers, how the overall industry activity affects the region’s entire economy.
How it can support your objectives:
- Secure public or private sector funding
- Communicate your plan to lay audiences, members of the media and the general public
- Set a baseline to track future initiative
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a pilot project
- Uncover potential cross-industry partnerships and opportunities
Recent Economic Impact Analyses
View our reports archive